Bradford White Power Vent
Review and Buying Tips
Why buying a Bradford White power vent water heater is a good idea? Review of the main features and specs.
Explore the models that are Energy Star compliant, utilize green technology, and resulting in a high performance and recovery rate.
Bradford White power vent water heaters are designed for homes where the atmospheric type cannot be used. The exhaust gases are safely removed out either through the outside wall-horizontally or through the roof-vertically.
The powerful electric blower allows safe venting in any situation; rain, high winds, winter, or summer. The venting system uses the 2", 3", and 4" pipes, usually made of PVC, ABS, or CPVC. Keep in mind that even with the strong blower motor, there are restrictions on the total length of the pipes.
Types and models guide
Bradford White power vent water heaters are designed as high recovery, high efficiency, and Low NOx and can be found in sizes from 40 to 75 gallons.
- ICON system - the system incorporates the intelligent gas control that eliminates the pilot light and allows easy troubleshooting with the diagnostic codes; an advanced temperature control system that reduces the temperature fluctuation and provides more accurate settings.
- Factory-built Hydrojet Total Performance System reduces the sediment build-up inside the metal tank resulting in an increased first-hour rating and better performance.
- Vitraglas Lining protects the metal tank from corrosion.
- ScreenLok Technology with the flammable vapor sensor to prevents accidental ignition outside of the combustion chamber.
- A great selection of models having the capacity from 40 to 75 gallons, maximum First Hour Rating of 112 gals., Energy Factor from 0.66 to 0.70 and recovery rate up to 84 GPH.
- The maximum length of the vent pipe is up to 180 ft.
- Some models from the 40 and 50-gallon groups are Energy Star compliant.
EF High-Efficiency series
- High thermal efficiency of over 90% results in increased energy savings and hot water recovery.
- Vertical and dual-pass heat exchanger design results in superior efficiency and recovery rates. The system incorporates the 5-inch helical-finned heat exchanger tube and corrosion-resistant stainless steel baffling.
- Low NOx power burner reduces the emission of greenhouse gases.
- High recovery to provide enough hot water to busy families.
- ICON system.
- Vitraglas lining.
- Hydrojet Total Performance System.
- Horizontal and vertical venting systems can use 2", 3" or 4" PVC, ABS, PP, or CPVC pipes.
- Two anode rods for better protection.
- 2" thick foam insulation.
- Popular 50-gal model is available with a strong 76,000 Btu gas burner and recovery rate of 93 GPH.
Both groups of tank-type and power vented water heaters are available with the ultra-low NOx gas burner for even greater environmental protection. The warranty for both types is from 6 to 10 years.